Friday, September 2, 2011

The Colonel's Lady


Laura Frantz has outdone herself on The Colonel’s Lady. I cannot even attempt my typical review style for this book, as every draft I write just doesn’t do the book justice in my eyes. The imagination, intrigue, feeling, and descriptions from beginning to end bring every character and scene to life in amazing detail! I felt the emotions with each character as they encountered death, destruction, lies, secrets, and surprises at every turn. I could feel Roxanna’s pain as she learned of her father’s death on the campaign, and the guilt and sorrow of Colonel McLinn upon his return to the fort and the sight of Roxanna Rowan, knowing he must bear the news to her of her father’s death, as they lifted from the printed pages and painted vivid images of the scenes in my mind.

Death and destruction seemed to surround Roxanna in the fort in the middle of the Kentucky wilderness, and the intrigue continues as she takes on the job her father occupied as the Colonel’s scrivener, and uncovers secrets revealing treason and possible spies within the walls of the fort.

The true test of faith, love, and forgiveness comes when the Colonel reveals the truth behind her father’s death, and what she does with that truth.

From beginning to ending this book kept me wondering what was going to happen next with Roxanne and her Colonel, and each revelation discovered within the pages along the way was more surprising than the last.

Two thumbs up to a great story! I loved every minute of reading!!

This book was given to me by Revell Publishing for the purpose of review…and I was HAPPY to oblige!

2 comments:

  1. Becca, You have such a way with words - bless you for your beautiful review! I'm so thankful you're a reader and friend. And it makes me feel very rich knowing you enjoyed your time with Cass and Roxie:) God bless you and your precious family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Laura. The book was a welcome respite from the stress life has tossed my way recently. I looked forward to every moment I could spend buried in the pages, with Roxie and Cass. And let me say...I would love to actually see a picture of the man that matches your extremely amazing description of Colonel McLinn!!

    ReplyDelete